Thursday, May 27, 2010

Installing SAP 4.7 on Windows XP Pro and Windows Server 2003

Installing SAP 4.7 on Windows XP Pro and Windows Server 2003: A ...1 Installing SAP 4.7 on Windows XP Pro and Windows Server 2003: A layman’s Guide Authored by : Rajeev Ashokan Email: Rajeev.SAP73@gmail.com Date: January 9, 2009 2 Index Page No. 1. Introduction 3 2. Minimum System Requirements 3 3. Required Downloads 4 4. Preliminary Installation Activities 5 5. Install MS Loopback Adapter 5 6. Increase Virtual Memory 10 7. Oracle Installation 11 8. Java Installation 14 9. SAP Installation – Central Instance 17 10. SAP Installation – Database Instance 25 11. Installing SAP GUI 37 12. Logging on to the SAP System 45 13. Additional Notes : Re-installing the software 53 14. Acknowledgements 54 3 Introduction This tutorial is for Installing SAP IDES 4.7 on Windows XP Pro. I have also installed SAP 4.7 on Windows Server 2003 and the process is the same as below. About Myself: I am not a BASIS or an Oracle DBA professional. I am trying to get into SAP as FICO professional. I have seen many requests on the internet asking for installation guide and I used few of them myself. Though they were useful, they were incomplete….hence I hope to bridge that gap with this step by step tutorial. Rajeev.SAP73@gmail.com My System Configuration (Acer Laptop): checkbld OS: Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 checkbld RAM: 2GB checkbld Processor: 1.6Ghz checkbld Hard Disk o C: Windows OS – 60GB o D: 110 GB – I installed SAP on this empty drive Minimum System Requirement: checkbld WinXP Pro/Windows Server 2003 checkbld Min RAM (I am told 512MB is fine, but I think it will really slow down the installation) checkbld HDD – 120 (If installing on your laptop/desktop) checkbld External HDD: 80GB (You can install SAP IDES 4.7 on external HDD also, so it’s ok if your local machine has less space available on it) checkbld System name (My computer>right click> properties> computer name - to be less than 13 character. If the system name is more than 13 characters, click on change and type HOME or something to that effect. 4 Required Downloads: 1. Java2EE SDK: Vesion 1.4_03. File Size: 120MB Click here to...

Website: www.sapdb.info | Filesize: 2518kb
No of Page(s): 54
Download Installing SAP 4.7 on Windows XP Pro and Windows Server 2003.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment