Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Motivation by Cristian Grases

MotivationMotivation My name is Cristian Grases and I have been involved in the choral world throughout my entire life. I started my relationship with Alberto Grau and Maria Guinand in 1989, when I started to work with their ensembles as a chorister and musician. Since then my interest in the area grew to the point of organizing and preparing my own group to perform at international venues in festivals and exchanges with the main idea of contributing with ideals of

understanding, union, and cooperation betwen diferent cultures and societies. These ideals lead me to create opportunities such as the interaction of my Venezuelan choir with ensembles from Canada, USA, Korea, Finland, and other Latin American nations. Later-on I lead my North American choir in projects that involved cooperation with German, Guatemalan, El Salvadorian, and other North American choirs. This sense of connection of societies by means of choral music has been an important part of my life. My involvement with IFCM has ben mainly in two areas. The first is as a member of the International Songbridge Artistic Commite. I participated in two international Songbridge festivals with my choir and in a number of others as part of the artistic leadership. The importance of this festival relies once again in its contribution to global understanding, communication, and cooperation, which wil surely play an important role on future global peace. The second area in which I have been actively involved with the IFCM is as the editor of the Youth Corner of the International Choral Bulletin (ICB). In this capacity I have been able to reach out to others to share their thoughts and expertise with the entire community of conductors,...

Website: www.ifcm.net | Filesize: 212kb
No of Page(s): 9
Download Motivation.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment